Monday, March 2, 2015

Digital Blog Post #F: Chapter 8

I like the idea of a teacher-made website. I have seen them myself, mostly made for elementary school classes. I think it is helpful, especially for parents who want to see, specifically, details about their child's class. I also like the idea for a Wiki being a communication medium between teachers and students. It is also very helpful to have an additional place to find homework assignments, if a student forgets to write their assignments down. I have also seen teachers put copies of their worksheets on their website, so that students can go online if the misplace their work. 

I have never heard of educational networking. I found it interesting and resourceful that teachers are now communicating with each other through a sort of educational-social network. I think it is a very smart idea to use a network to discuss curriculum and educational information. 

Ning is also very intriguing to me, I like that anyone, regardless of experience can use it. It is a website that you can create a social network, either public or only open to those invited. Technology has advanced so much over the years and although some people are "afraid" of the internet and its effects, it has come a long way to ease and improve our communication techniques.


Resources:

Giuliano, J. (2015). BrainyBox. Created with Classtools.net

Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

2 comments:

  1. A new digital tool - thanks for sharing! I have used ClassTools in the past but have gotten away from it so glad you made your brainybox!

    It is amazing how much there is in terms of communication opportunities. Ultimately, they are not effective unless the three ingredients of 1) sender, 2) receiver, and 3) message are all working, but the fact that there are more ways to try to make it work is encouraging. I have used Nings often and like them (especially when they used to be free!) and you will have the chance to create your own teacher web page/ePortfolio in an upcoming assignment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The ePortfolio sounds like it will be fun! I decided to try and find some new Web 2.0 tools that I could create with and I found ClassTools interesting :)

    ReplyDelete