Sunday, March 22, 2015

Digital Blog Post #I: Chapter 4

When I think of using technology in lesson development, I tend to think immediately of using a computer in class, but as the book indicates, it doesn't always consist of using a computer for every lesson. It was nice to read the list of online lesson development resources on page 75. I have never heard of most of them. I have, however, heard of Wonderopolis and Smithsonian's History Explorer, both of which are fun and very inspirational to use for future lesson plans for myself.

The diagram of the Elements of Lesson Development was very educational. I understood that teaching and lesson planning is a constant cycle, but to see it on paper was helpful for me to understand and focus on when I am looking at lesson planning. Each element affects the other, as well as, each element relying on the others.




Reading about the student performance rubrics was eye-opening. I have always seen the rubrics and followed them accordingly, but to understand, in detail, what they are for is very good to know for the future when creating rubrics for my own students. I know that I have already made my own rubric for evaluating a website, but to read more about it was interesting.

Resources:

Giuliano, J. (2015). Andrea. Created with Voki.com

Giuliano, J. (2015). Gregory. Created with Voki.com

Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Vokis!! :) Andrea and Gregory both offered great enhancements to the text and fun to listen to them. It made me think how fun it would be to create multiple Vokis having a conversation/discussion about a particular topic (or maybe even a debate!) - thanks for the inspiration.

    Rubrics are such an important assessment tool. If you have students working in projects of any kind, especially where they have some chance to create, rubrics are truly invaluable and the only way to go. You will continue to develop understanding and skill re: rubrics - it doesn't come with just one, but glad you had the chance to develop one for this class and read more about them.

    ReplyDelete