Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Digital Blog Post #K: Chapter 6

Reading this chapter made me appreciate social bookmarking more than I already do. I like that when I become a teacher, I will be able to go back and use some of the sites that I have previously saved, and I like that its almost like a mini search engine. I can easily find websites that experiences teachers have already bookmarked. It is better than Googling them and finding websites that aren't legitimate or useful.

I like the word folksonomy. I thought it was funny and it is a good word to describe a community of people with like interests and such! I also like the tagging feature on social bookmarking sites. It's convenient to be able to type a few words in and find what you are looking for. I have explored Delicious after I made the account for this site and I like that there are so many things to explore, but at the same time it isn't just random things with similar word like a regular search engine.

I have used information alerts in the past, but I never thought about using them for any other reason other than for personal use. I like that the textbook gave the idea of a teacher getting notified of new teaching methodology and things like that.

After reading Chapter 6 in the text, see if you can rack up the points with the game below. Good Luck!


Resources:

Giuliano, J. (2015). Learning with Technology. Created with FlipQuiz.me

Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are tapping into all of the benefits of social bookmarking - it is such a valuable tool and has great potential for classroom as well. Nice job on your FlipQuiz, too!

    ReplyDelete