Monday, April 20, 2015

Digital Blog Post #L: Chapter 12

I liked that the authors broke down the two factors that create successful learning. The teacher mindset is an important factor in successful learning. What needs to be considered is what resources on the internet will promote the learning of a specific goal. The technological resources should be used to tie everything together, as in, you should have a set lesson plan and integrate the technology, not the other way around. Also, multiple pathways are important because there are so many ways to integrate technology into the lesson. If you only use one pathway, then you could be missing out on important information that students could use. There are always options, such as the smartboard as the technology used for the whole classroom, instead of each student having their own computers.

The stages of technology integration were very informative. I was able to picture myself, while learning, into each stage. The entry stage I have already gone through, because I have learned how to use the computer and I am able to apply that knowledge to my work. In my intro to teaching class, I used basic technology integration in my lesson plan presented to the class. I used a youtube video and a document projector, but had not yet learned more in-depth technology integration. I feel like adaptation, appropriation, and invention are continuous and not necessarily in stages. To be in the adaptation stage, you must be experimenting with the many uses of technology, which is the invention stage, and once you have decided on the technology for the lesson you have reached the appropriation stage.


It intrigues me to know why things are the way they are and this chapter is more descriptive, to me, than the other chapters. It didn't just tell you that you should use the technology and how it helps students, but it is more descriptive as to how it helps the teacher, and the steps to go about using technology.

Resources:

Giuliano, J. (2015). Trasbin Game. Created with Classtools.net


Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. It is always interesting to consider the final chapter in the book - of course, it doesn't mean "it" is really over, given the constant change and growth in technology and education, but your prior experience and learning likely impacts your reflections! ;) So, keep on thinking and considering the concepts.

    ReplyDelete